We are very sorry to inform you all that after much consideration we have decided to drop development on Prometheus v2. The passion to work on it has moved over to other projects. However, we understand that a lot of you have been waiting for the update and expected some new features, so because of that we have decided that we will do a final small feature update for Prometheus, but keep in mind it won’t be big, with stuff like new payment types or big changes to how Prometheus works, though we still want to do a few small but highly wanted features. The ones we have in mind are:
- Rank option that allows you to give ranks based on their current rank(if user then trusted, if trusted then vip, if admin then vip_admin, think you get the idea), we have had many people ask for that and until now we have given them code that runs as custom action, but that isn’t user friendly at all
- Giving PointShop 2 item
- Scaling points in a package which is upgraded from another package
- Auto-detecting IPN URL and $using_ssl config
- Better installation, no more config file editing on the web-side of things
- Better information when gmod side DLLs are installed wrong or missing and when MySQL errors happen
- Custom amount assigning - define amount when manually assigning a package
- Credit packages should have the ability to go on sale - and all packages should have the ability to go on sale individually
- Change background in theme editor
But we are open to suggestions on what are the features which aren’t big, but you still really want to have.
We are, again, sorry about not continuing it after all of you were waiting all this time for V2 update, but hopefully you can understand us, it simply isn’t the same to work on something you really don’t feel passionate to work on and continuing to work on it while hating to do it would just turn it into a broken mess. We will of course continue to provide bugfixes and support.
With this statement we also bring another: It has been said to a few people in the past, we allow other people to modify the code of Prometheus and share it or even sell it as long as only the files modified are shared, more specific “rules” modification creators have to follow can be viewed here (http://wiki.prometheusipn.com/index.php?title=Modding). With the amount of people that use Prometheus we hope that others will have the passion to add new features to Prometheus and continue it’s path of a great donation system.