32 posts in this thread

Your first two posts are fine, but criticizing me on how I judge whether my decisions are a good idea or not isn't helping. I get your point, but if I wanted somebodies advice on how to make decisions I would have asked.

Anyway, thanks for the first reply. I didn't know Gary's mod worked with hyperthreading.

By Meeja at 19th of June 2016 20:07:04

Your first two posts are fine, but criticizing me on how I judge whether my decisions are a good idea or not isn't helping. I get your point, but if I wanted somebodies advice on how to make decisions I would have asked.
Anyway, thanks for the first reply. I didn't know Gary's mod worked with hyperthreading.

Garry's Mod does have the multicore rendering disabled (which you can enable via commands, but it has unwanted effects), nonetheless it's pointless to buy a hyperthreaded CPU just to disable hyperthreading.

Go neth!
Crident Networks Garry's Mod Hosting

edit; in all seriousness, Neth is right. We've already come the conclusion multiple times that there isn't "one best host", all you can do is try some and see what works for you, and then stick to it.

By drizzy.vip at 20th of June 2016 01:36:47

Go neth!
Crident Networks Garry's Mod Hosting
edit; in all seriousness, Neth is right. We've already come the conclusion multiple times that there isn't "one best host", all you can do is try some and see what works for you, and then stick to it.

I find this ironic in the fact that you advertise a host whilst saying "there isn't one perfect host".

By Skeptic at 20th of June 2016 02:59:36

I find this ironic in the fact that you advertise a host whilst saying "there isn't one perfect host".

Are u dumb? There isn't one he's just recommending one.

By Skeptic at 20th of June 2016 02:59:36

I was also just messing around :P

It was more to do with the server itself, not the host. Is there any difference between hosts besides support, price and location? Surely if the server is exactly the same then performance won't differ that much. Unless they have internet made of wood.

The host should be considered, customer support will differ between hosts and you never know if you'll need it.

yeah, for example I'm quite "plugged" into the minge scene, so I hear about exploits and crash issues and redistribute fixes to clients I know are vulnerable. At the end of the day; your host is a contact - they manage a core part of your community that directly reflects on you

^ +1

get this EGIRL OUT OF MY GMOD THREAD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

By CVG | Nikki at 14th of January 2018 08:36:27

^ +1

me too!!

Users currently viewing this thread: Nobody