97 posts in this thread

I think it really depends on the type of script that is being reviewed. If someone buys a scoreboard, sees every picture of it, then drops a 2/5 star review because its "ugly", that's not fair. The buyer knew EXACTLY what they were getting into, so they should not be able to leave a bad review in that case.

I feel the hard part about reviews is just how misleading they can be. You can have a script that you entirely rewrote, but because of your old and bad reviews, your new versions don't look good. I propose something to do be done almost like what Apple does with the App Store. They display the review statistics for the current version of the script, with the ability to look back at the previous reviews. Because gmodstore is on a much smaller level than the App Store, it should also be done by classifying something as a minor or major update. Minor should keep most of the previous reviews, major should be almost like a new page.

Another thing I really don't like is that kids can leave a bad review because they don't like the way you coded it. By that, I mean your coding style, ex. indentation length, spacing, etc. It's one thing if someone's code is just horribly unoptimized and lags your server, but it's another if the way they write it is not up to your personal preference.

I had talked to three about 2 days ago and meh, 3am, I was pretty annoyed and shit.

2nd part is most def gonna trigger some users so w/e
also i meant removing all of them in the 3rd part

By kanalumaddela at 11th of January 2018 07:44:26

I had talked to three about 2 days ago and meh, 3am, I was pretty annoyed and shit.
2nd part is most def gonna trigger some users so w/e
also i meant removing all of them in the 3rd part

Not everyone wants to write long reviews and restricting reviews to be long will just put most people off reviewing in the first place.

There is not a single reason that the average customer would care enough to take the time to write a proper review unless it's negative. They have no incentive to do so. Quantity > Quality is needed for a site of this size as more quantity gives back a more accurate average result and still gives long reviews (thanks to customers that do actually write long reviews) anyway.

Blank/one word reviews at # >= 4/5 I personally feel are acceptable. It means you liked the product, and the user gains a +1 rep on their profile. At # <= 3/5 I feel there needs to be some explanation. Not long, but enough, and then we can start looking at if it's regarding an issue, if they opened a ticket for that issue, if it's a troll review/etc.

By Nookyava at 11th of January 2018 13:29:08

Blank/one word reviews at # >= 4/5 I personally feel are acceptable. It means you liked the product, and the user gains a +1 rep on their profile. At # >= 3/5 I feel there needs to be some explanation. Not long, but enough, and then we can start looking at if it's regarding an issue, if they opened a ticket for that issue, if it's a troll review/etc.

Agree with you !

By Falkio at 11th of January 2018 14:25:38

Agree with you !

By Threebow at 11th of January 2018 23:21:58

Disagree with you

By Lunaversity.me/c 🌸 at 11th of January 2018 23:49:47

Disagree with you

Dumb with you

Let's keep discussions on track.

ooo i got a neat idea

multiple reviews, such as:

Functionality: ~/5
Support: ~/5
Something else: ~/5

that way if people are having a bad time with a creator or something, they can express it but also give the addon kudos for working n' shit, just an idea

By Lunaversity.me/c 🌸 at 13th of January 2018 22:49:24

ooo i got a neat idea
multiple reviews, such as:
Functionality: ~/5
Support: ~/5
Something else: ~/5
that way if people are having a bad time with a creator or something, they can express it but also give the addon kudos for working n' shit, just an idea

You mean like all in one review? Like rating out of five in each category? That could work but would be hard to handle the star system and rep system.

By typad 👑 at 14th of January 2018 07:44:22

You mean like all in one review? Like rating out of five in each category? That could work but would be hard to handle the star system and rep system.

No it wouldn't, sites always use the average or have a weight for each rating. Rep would simply be based on that. But in reality it's dumb to use the star ratings to determine rep, a simple negative/neutral/positive option should be there instead.

I'm still sticking to the text only review because of this kind of shit :

"Really good, few bugs but they were fixed really quickly, Tech support really helpful"

But 4/5

fucking hell what the fuck is wrong with people

he didn't even opened any ticket and he's talking about the tech support

Also I personally don't understand why people (content creators, not the guys who do jobs) care about rep.

I understand it's required for jobs, but for scripts ...

Edited
Don't get me wrong, i don't like the "text only reviews" system, but this is the best alternative for everyone, no one get "censored", and shitty reviews cannot affect the "script average score review" (or however it's called).

Much less work for the moderators, since we can rekt the client who is telling shit defend our-self in the review answer.

As i said in the creative corner, script sellers should not be penalized by retards who can't look at the description/medias.

I'm gonna kinda revive this topic with my thoughts:
In my opinion, if someone lets say, buys a HUD where the developer has provided previews, perhaps a video and it's not hidden, it's open for everyone to see. I personally think that if he knows what he's getting, he shouldn't be able to 1-star review it with a reason "doesn't look nice" or "design is poor" or anything like that, simply because, he knew what he was getting.

If however, after buying the script it's functionality is at question, it lags or it performs poorly (bugs, etc) then I believe a negative review is valid. It's almost as if you buy a new car, you get a drive with it, all of it's details to then 5 days later review the dealership as 2-star because the car they bought themselves, the car they chose themselves is ugly.

While I think that giving advice or saying the UI is bad for x reason is perfectly fine, but done in the comments/support ticket so the developer can take note of that and perhaps improve it if he feels it's necessary, otherwise I feel it's stupid to just give it a negative rating. Perhaps add some rating system for ratings? Give all content creators/curators a button to call the review bullshit, if it has more than x then perhaps hide it? I don't know, just an idea.

By SaturdaysHeroes at 17th of January 2018 22:32:13
If however, after buying the script it's functionality is at question, it lags or it performs poorly (bugs, etc) then I believe a negative review is valid.

Open a ticket then ?

While I think that giving advice or saying the UI is bad for x reason is perfectly fine, but done in the comments/support ticket so the developer can take note of that and perhaps improve it if he feels it's necessary, otherwise I feel it's stupid to just give it a negative rating.

If you don't like the UI, don't buy the addon, you can't turn butthurt after buying it.

There was this guy :

Who had a point, the addon itself is a tool, you're buying the feature, not -how it looks-.

And i knew perfectly ezjobs's UI is shit, simply because i'm selling a tool, not an HUD.

The guy had a fair point, but rating it 4/5 for it in my opinion is not fair, because when buying it, you're supposed to look at the medias and see it.

You get over the shit UI and you buy it, you cannot complain AFTER buying it since you were supposed to get over it.

Annnndddd this is why i think we need to give up the rating system completely and just go to text reviews so we -the content creators- can keep the reviews without feeling a review is not fair.

By Lapin at 17th of January 2018 22:36:18

Open a ticket then ?

I meant if the script is poorly written and opening a support ticket doesn't help, but yes, they should always open a ticket before writing a negative review.

By SaturdaysHeroes at 17th of January 2018 23:06:36

the script is poorly written and opening a support ticket doesn't help

Then the script need to be disabled by a mod.

enter image description here

Anyone think this review is valid? I feel like you shouldn't be able to leave anything below 5 stars if you want some shit like "New features"
You know what features your getting when you buy the script, so why would you leave a "negative" review for something like that?

I know it's not a negative review, but anything below 5 stars is looked down upon and should have a better reason like shit support, bad performance, or if the script dont work or some shit

might be just me tho :D

By bizzy at 18th of January 2018 03:21:40

Anyone think this review is valid? I feel like you shouldn't be able to leave anything below 5 stars if you want some shit like "New features"
You know what features your getting when you buy the script, so why would you leave a "negative" review for something like that?
I know it's not a negative review, but anything below 5 stars is looked down upon and should have a better reason like shit support, bad performance, or if the script dont work or some shit
might be just me tho :D

Hey, that's the same guy who rated my scoreboard 4 stars because he believed that he was entitled to a script update without any note of that ever happening in the description. Review still hasn't been removed which is weird.

By Threebow at 18th of January 2018 03:59:55

Hey, that's the same guy who rated my scoreboard 4 stars because he believed that he was entitled to a script update without any note of that ever happening in the description. Review still hasn't been removed which is weird.

yea mine too, reported it 3 weeks ago while others who've reported reviews much sooner got ders handled :(

Users currently viewing this thread: Nobody