Non-US and Multiple Currencies
By default PayPal is set to ask you whether to accept or refuse individual payments, this means users that have purchased your scripts won't receive your script until you manually accept their payment:
This is really inconvenient for end users and they often think something has gone wrong. If you're outside of the US or your PayPal's main currency is anything other then USD please ensure you follow these steps for an easier end user experience:
- Login to PayPal - Make sure you have a business or premier PayPal account, you can upgrade for free. (We recommend having a business account as premier accounts tend to leak your real name)
- Click "User" at the top right -> Profile and Settings -> My Selling Preferences -> Block Payments (near the bottom). If you cannot see these options you do not have a business or premier account.
- Make sure your settings look like this. Allow payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold set to yes and Block payments from Student account users under 18 years old to no.
Add USD as a currency
- Login to PayPal - Make sure you have a business or premier PayPal account, you can upgrade for free here.
- Click "More" at the top right of the Money box on the left.
- Click "Manage currencies"
- Select US Dollar from the list and click Add Currency
Last updated August 1, 2016 23:02 by Marcuz