Default Weapon Drawer Replacement
This addon will replace the default HL2 weapon selection menu with a fully customizable version.
The standard version is in a fixed position, and isn't always the best choice for your gamemode. This also allows SWEP weapons to explain their features more clearly than the default "bubble tooltip".
- Custom weapon menu sorting, useful for gamemodes that may want to organize specific weapons slots
- Ammo count, SWEP weapon information box (toggable)
- Automatic slot layout, weapons will reposition themselves to fit properly on any resolution (toggable)
- CW Weapon & Counter-Strike SWEPS Support
- Themes (toggable)
- Custom mouse wheel sensitivity, when scrolling
- Full control over fonts, colors, and animation times for the drawer
- Client specific settings save/loading VGUI menu
- In-Game Slot Editor (Still in Beta)
- Full support for all original features (Last Inventory, Fast Weapon Switching, HL2 Weapon Icons, etc)
- Automatic Font/UI scaling based on users resolution
- Lightweight. Minimal draw calls, while attempting to provide a custom experience
See photos for snapshot of the settings file.
Setting up Admins?
The script uses CAMI to determine if a user is an Administrator. If your server's admin mod doesn't support CAMI, it will default to super admin privileges.
See the config script for more details.
How do I configure a custom menu?
You have two options. Generate your menu inside the configuration file (recommended), or you can use the in-game slot editor.
Once you setup a menu in-game, the file is generated and sent to all connecting players.
How does the in-game menu work?
The in-game settings menu is for client settings. Any settings changed, is specific to that user only.
If you wish to disallow clients from modifying their own HUD, set
dtj_weaponhud_enabled = 1
How do I make this HUD disappear, instead of staying on screen?
Inside your config file, modify "showTime" to a time in seconds you wish.
How do I force a theme on my players?
Modify "forceTheme" to a theme name of your choosing. This will force a theme on all players, and disallow them from changing it.
I want XXXX theme!
If you are a developer, please check the example theme. If not, submit a support ticket and we'll see what we can do for you.
(SERVER) dtj_weaponhud_enabled 0 / 1 / 2
0 = hud disabled. 1 = hud forced enabled, with default settings. 2 = user can enable/disable, and adjust settings.
(SERVER) dtj_weaponhud_serverslots 0/1
0 = don't use server configured weapon layout, 1 = send configured layout to players
This is only required when you made your custom menu in-game!
Shows the client VGUI settings menu
Bind. Shows the weapon HUD fully expanded, to view all current equipped weapons
(CLIENT) mouse2 / right mouse button
Will close the HUD without selecting a weapon
Simply drop the folder in your "addons" directory within your garrysmod install.