Welcome to GmodStore's API Policy
1. Hey, we're Everyday, and welcome to the GmodStore Application Programming Interface ("API") Policy. If you are looking to make an app, service or a website ("application") in connection with GmodStore, then you've arrived at the right place. We want to encourage you to think outside the box and get creative, and get involved in our online community.
2. When we say "us", "we", "our" or "Everyday" it's because that's who we are, and we own and run the GmodStore platform. When we say you, it includes any organizations you work for if you're accessing the API on behalf of or in association with that organization.
3. You'll need to join us as a GmodStore member before we can get started. Head over here to read the GmodStore Marketplace Terms and find out about being a member.
Our content (not yours)
5. The API belongs to GmodStore. That means we own the API and any rights attached to it.
6. The user-generated material, like products, usernames, email addresses, product descriptions, avatars and related images or information ("information"), generally belongs to our members, or might belong to third parties, but they have given us the right to use it in certain circumstances, including letting you access and use it in accordance with our user terms.
Use of the GmodStore brand
7. You can use the word "GmodStore" in the product description, or in a descriptive subtitle to tell users what it does, e.g. "AddonManager - The GmodStore Addon App".
8. You can't however include the word "GmodStore" in the application name itself, unless GmodStore is trailed by the word "for", this means "Addon App for GmodStore" is fine, but "GmodStore Addon App" is not. Please don't suggest we made your application or that it's official in any way.
Your rights and obligations
9. Subject to your compliance with these user terms, we grant you a limited, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable, non-exclusive licence to use the API solely as necessary to create and run your applications ("licence").
What you're required to do
10. You have to be a GmodStore member if you want to be part of our community and, more importantly, if you want to use the API. As long as you use the API, or any content or information accessed through it, you need to be a member.
11. All your applications require the relevant key to access any part of the API (application key)
12. Always act in good faith in your use of the API, the content, and the information.
What you're prohibited from doing
13. Don't use the API, the content, or the information in any manner or for any purpose that violates any law or regulation, or the rights of any person, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, rights of privacy, or rights to personality.
14. Don’t attempt to circumvent any security measures in relation to the API or the sites and don’t use the API in a manner that disrupts or otherwise negatively affects other people’s ability to use the sites or their member accounts.
15. Don't cache or store any information or content other than for reasonable periods and in order to develop and provide your application. Don’t display product information and/or related images which are more than a day older than they are on the sites. This could be misleading to users.
16. Don't make any modifications or amendments to our content. Don't use our content in any way that could be construed as misleading or deceptive, or as an attempt to pass yourself off as us. This includes the use of our content in any third party service or application that could be directly harmful to us.
17. Don't use the API for a commercial purpose, except in compliance with our rules about commercial use, below.
18. You may charge people a fee to use your application, but there are a few things you need to keep in mind:
- Make sure that you are complying with the terms of any third-party licence that might apply to other material (like code or graphics) you used to create the application, and check to see that you are allowed to sell a product using that material. You may need to pass along any rights or releases.
20. If you require access to another member's application key, you may have access to personal information about that member. Don't try to access, use, or disclose that information for any purpose other than one your application requires, and for which you have the member's permission. Make sure that your application is secure and doesn't provide anyone with the ability to access information that they shouldn't.
21. Don't ask members for their passwords, names, or any personal information through correspondence or in your application. If you do collect that sort of information, you have to comply with all relevant laws about privacy and data handling, and any other applicable law, and you are solely responsible for the consequences.
Right to change, suspend, or terminate
22. We might make changes to the API or the sites, or to our content, or how our content or the information is displayed or described, at any time. Those changes might interfere with the operation of your application but, unfortunately, that's a risk you agree to accept if you use the API. We aren't liable for any related loss, cost, or damage. See our liability and indemnity section below.
23. Although we can change any of our user terms, or the terms of our licence, at any time, we will take reasonable steps to let you know when we do so.
24. We can suspend or terminate your membership at any time for any breach of these user terms or if we think you application adversely affects our reputation or the sites in any way. You can terminate your membership at any time. Suspension or termination of your membership for any reason will mean you can’t use the API or any content or information gained through the API any more, but the rest of the user terms will still apply. You must immediately disable your application.
Your indemnity to us
25. You are liable and responsible for:
- Any applications you may create, develop, change or distribute;
- your use of the API, the content, and the information;
- your disclosure of any of the information;
- the services, message, content, information, software or other materials you provide through the application;
- your breach of any intellectual property rights belonging to others;
- your breach of these user terms; and
- your breach of any industry code, regulation, third party contract or terms of service, or law that may apply.
26. We have no responsibility to you or to any other person for all liabilities, costs, expenses (including legal fees) and loss arising from third party claims due to any of the matters set out in this section and you agree to indemnify us, our directors, officers, employees and agents from all losses. This means that you protect us from costs and claims that happen because of your actions on the site.
27. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defence of such claim.
28. You should carefully assess whether the API, the sites, the content, and the information are suitable for your needs. Everything provided by us through the GmodStore API is given on an 'as is' basis and without warranties, either express or implied.
29. We strive to have the API available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week but you know how the internet works: occasionally you might not be able to access the GmodStore API, and this might happen for any reason, at any time, with or without notice, or at our absolute discretion. We might also change aspects of how the API works. We will not be liable to you for any loss you suffer as a result of these things.
30. We're from Norway, and that's where our GmodStore API service is based. The laws of Norway govern these user terms, and you submit to the jurisdiction of the courts here by using the API.
|product||GmodStore Marketplace Terms|
|member||GmodStore Marketplace Terms|
Version 1.0.1 - Effective date: December 31st, 2020.