We’re the people behind the marketplace, Everyday. You can find us at Everyday AS (914840368), Bragernes Torg 8, 3017 Drammen, Norway. By using pronouns like ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ or directly using ‘Everyday’ in these terms we refer to Everyday AS. When we say ‘GmodStore’ we refer to our marketplace and the marketplace application.
At GmodStore we really care about your privacy and rights, and in this policy we will outline exactly what information we collect, why we need it, what we use it for and how we might share it with third parties in some circumstances where it’s absolutely necessary.
2. What does this policy cover?
3. What information do we collect - and why?
We collect information about everyone who uses GmodStore, both visitors and registered users. Exactly what information we gather depends on your current state of involvement in our services:
- Visitor: Those who are accessing GmodStore without a registered account.
- User: Those who are accessing GmodStore with a registered account or making authenticated calls to our API.
3.1. Initial data collection of every visitor and user:
- IP-address: This is used to determine what country you browse our website from. After determining your location the data is used to display correct Value Added Tax (VAT) on products and services that you may buy.
- System information: Your browser shares certain information about your machine with our servers. This information is non-PII (non-personally identifiable information) and is primarily used for bug reports, but also for statistical purposes.
General activity: We track completely anonymous data like what pages are visited, what country
an IP address is located in (we hash the IP address), what domain you came from when visiting GmodStore and what screen resolution your device has.
These are completely anonymous and we have no way to track down a single user from this data, it does not utilize a tracking cookie.
However, if you do agree to let us use tracking cookies we may track more data, like demographic data with the help of Google Analytics. This data is identified by a pseudonymized tracking cookie.
3.2. What about authenticated users?
If you decide to register an account with us and use our services you agree to let us keep and make use of the following information about you:
Data collected by simply being registered and using GmodStore:
- Your username.
- Your avatar.
- Third party authentication tokens, like a SteamID.
- Pseudonymized tokens representing your computer hardware and software, this is used in fraud prevention.
- Contact information (like email address).
- If you are a creator or registered business in the EU: your legal name.
Common payment information data we collect:
- Payment agent details (Name, email address).
- Transaction details (Transaction IDs).
- Tax information (IP address, VAT country).
And other content you direct us to make available on our site. Including, not limited to:
- Uploaded images.
- Product information (such as descriptions, offers, documentation etc.).
- Forum threads and replies.
- Support queries.
- Profile description.
4. How and why we use the information
We only use your personal information to provide you with the features of GmodStore, like facilitating purchases, determining applicable tax requirements for you, us and our creators.
5. Sharing information
5.1. Information shared publicly
Content that you make available on public areas of GmodStore is shared publicly with anyone able to view it. This data may be in some circumstances accessible through our developer API too.
5.2. Information shared with third parties
Information we share with third parties is completely contextual and depends on how you use GmodStore.
Necessary data you can’t opt out of:
- Anonymous data with CloudFlare in order to facilitate rate limiting and security firewall measures
- Data you provide when adding a payout gateway as a creator will be sent to the applicable payout provider. If you use a bank account this data will be validated and stored at TransferWise. We do not store this information apart from an identification token. If you wish to leave us you can delete your bank account connection and this will get rid of this information in TransferWise and from our servers.
- Fraud prevention for payments processed with Stripe, powered by Stripe Radar. Stripe tracks basic usage to make sure you are a legitimate customer. This is required as our primary focus, as a marketplace, is to process payments. It is in our and our merchants' best interest that our customers are legitimate.
Data you can opt out of:
- Analytics and tracking data facilitated by Google Analytics.
6. How long do we keep your information?
We keep your information for as long as we use it or for as long as you allow us to keep it. See section 7.1 for how to exercise your right to be forgotten.
However, even if you opt in for your right to be forgotten there is some data we are required by law to keep or can a claim that we legally are required to keep:
- We are required by law to keep records of taxable payment data for at least ten (10) years.
- Data used for fraud protection will be anonymized, but still kept around as protecting ourselves and our creators from fraud is of utmost importance.
7. Your rights
7.1. Right to be forgotten (Account termination)
We extend the right to be forgotten to all our users, regardless of geographical location. To exercise this right please make a site ticket on GmodStore through the help and support centre. We may ask you to provide proof that you do indeed own the applicable user account. If we can not verify that you own the account we may deny the request.
Beware that if you exercise your right to be forgotten you may not be able to register a new account at a later date, or retrieve any data associated with your account as the data will either be deleted, anonymized or no longer associated with a user.
7.2. Your right to access your data
If you are a user or visitor in the European Economic Area you have the right to request your personal information data in a common machine readable format. Keep in mind that we do not store a whole lot of personal data, it’s mostly limited to IP addresses, payment history data and any business information you’ve given us.
8. Data controller (European Economic Area)
If you're a user or visitor in the European Economic Area these rights also apply to you: The General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the "GDPR") requires us to be a 'data controller’ of your personal information.
9. Getting in touch with us
10. Modifications made to this policy
Version 3.0.1 - Effective date: March 9, 2021.